New Year, New Timetable
Welcome to 2020 at the Fight Centre and Boxing Institute! To ring in the new year at the gym, we have added a massive nine classes to our Monday – Friday timetable. With four new Muay Thai classes in the evenings and Open Gym sessions during the afternoons, we aim to provide greater flexibility to ensure you can find time to achieve your Muay Thai, Boxing or general fitness goals in with us in 2020!
For specific times please refer to our timetable, located on the website or at the Front Desk.
Kids Classes Are Back For 2020!
As the school calendar resumes for another year, school is also back in session at the Fight Centre! Kids (6 – 12 years) and Teens (12 – 17 years) Muay Thai and Boxing classes have re-commenced for 2020.
With Coaches Mitch, Ben, Jarvie, Luke, Steve and Paulie on hand, our Kids and Teens Muay Thai classes are a great way to learn proper Muay Thai and Boxing technique while gaining confidence, building friendships and having fun! Classes run Monday—Thursday, 4pm—4:45pm.
Sparring and Snags at Fight for the Fires
As we have all witnessed, this summer has been a tough one for several communities across the country. In an effort to show our support, The Fight Centre and Boxing Institute held ’Fight for
the Fires’ on the 11th of January, to raise much needed funds for the Rural Fire Service.
Members, coaches, families and friends from the Fight Centre & Boxing Institute, Ironfist Gym and Double Dose Muay Thai Gym came together for a morning of sparring, snags, raffles and baked delicacies (of course, lamingtons made an appearance). Sparring was conducted with a great spirit of camaraderie and respect, with learnings and laughs had all around. In a fantastic outcome, we were able to raise $5000 for the Rural Fire Service.
A monumental thank you to everyone who came down, helped out and showed their support!
Welcome to the New Members of the TFC Community!
It’s always exciting to start something new, but the difficulty is in maintaining consistency in working towards reaching your goals. We want to celebrate those new members who have shown real commitment, by achieving their White I & White II stripes in our Muay Thai classes.
- Bailey McKee
- Rachel Nugent
- Joel Potter
- Ryan Jamieson
- Cameron Mayfield
- Luke Bufi
- Zabih Akbari
- Stephen Hohepa
- Alex Kao
- Evon Yong
- Nikki Higl
- Nick Volker
- Glenda Ockendon
- Tayler Baldock
Congratulations on your achievement! We look forward to seeing your progress at the gym and helping you reach your goals in 2020!
Fight Calendar – February & March
2020 is set to be a massive year for our Muay Thai and Boxing Fighters. With some having their first fights, through to those out to earn or defend their State or National titles. To keep
you up to date, we’ve included a handy calendar below. For any ticketing or timing enquiries, please see our Front Desk or speak to the Fighter directly.
Our Fighter’s true value and appreciate your support – so please, show them some love!
- February 15th: Josh (A.K.A Porky) Brennan @ Double Dose Muay Thai (6/68 Blanck St, Ormeau)
- February 29th:: Cheyanne (A.K.A Cheydog) Hunt @ Rouge Muay Thai *Professional Debut* (Eatons Hill Hotel, 646 South Pine Road, Eatons Hill)
- March 7th: Brendan Rafael Vilches @ Eternal MMA *Professional Debut* (Southport Sharks, Olsen & Musgrave Avenue, Southport)
- March 21st: Marcus Ortiz, Harrison Sheppard, Jimmy Sprecak, Luke Brennan & Hamish Wilson (pictured above) @ Ignite the Fight (10/12 Kyabra Street, Newstead)
- March 21st: Steve Fray & Ronny Jeffs @ Clash at Caloundra (Caloundra RSL, 19 West Terrace, Caloundra)
Pro-tip: At the Fights
- Make sure you’re rocking your best TFC gear!
- Always use the TFC Sign (pictured right) in all photos – use liberally, without discretion and make sure to teach your friends and family.
- Tag @thefightcentre in all your photos!